Sunday, September 9, 2007

Using Alex in my classroom

Once I become a teacher, Alex would be an excellent way for me to become comfortable with the classroom and allow me the ability to construct my own style of teaching. Knowing the lesson plans are from veteran teachers and have been implemented in classrooms already would allow me to relax and concentrate more on the students and making their learning experience fun and enjoyable. Also the distance learning would be a wonderful way to keep my students connected with the world around them and knowing the kids of today, they would jump at the chance to work with computers; in fact they might actually teach me a few things.
Also, considering I am a parent of a 5 year old who just began Kindergarten, I know that the teacher/parent relationship is an important one and if the parents knew the outline of my lesson plans they could help provide support at home just simply by talking to the child about what they did in school that day. Cause I have found out that my son doesn't tend to share with me what he did in school on any given day, but if I know about things ahead of time, he will talk to me for hours about it.

0 comments: