Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Future...

All in all, I had two reactions to the movie; 1. It is inevitable and 2. It scares me a little. The fact that it is inevitable doesn't really bother me that much. I have always been fascinated by computers and what they can do. And as far as things being obsolete after we learn them, well I think that is a good thing, because it keeps up learning and evolving as people. What scares me though, is even as great as this new computer age is and will be, we tend to be losing the human side of ourselves. I mean back before email and all, neighbors used to visit one another and actually connect with each other. They would take time out of their hectic lives and stop for awhile; rest, regroup, relax. Now we just shoot an email and keep going, no matter how tired, stressed out, or run down we are! Which cannot be good for ourselves, our children and even our future, because what good is this fantastic future if we are too strung out to enjoy it or if we destroy ourselves before we get a chance to enjoy it?!

0 comments: