Sunday, September 30, 2007

Paper's Future

I agree with the fact that paper is on its was out and that most our information will soon be digital and that is not exactly a bad thing. I love books just as much as the next person, like I said in my powerpoint presentation, there are very few times were I am not reading something, wether it be a magazine, book, or text book. And for me its not the format that it comes in, it is the information. So no matter if I am curled up in bed with a good book or hudled around my laptop, as long as I am reading something interesting I am happy.
As far as students not reading, I don't believe that's entirely correct. I, myself, have been reading to my son, who is now 5, since before he was born and apparently have rubbed off on him cause everytime we go by a bookstore its always, hey mom, I need a new book...lol...his book collection is starting to catch up to my own and I have been collecting a lot longer. I also know that most kids in his class at school feel the same way. They still have the love of books and good stories, it just may be in a different format that what we are not used to.
As for being a teacher in this new age, I think it is going to be wonderful. I have always felt that teaching should be more of the hands on type instead of just reading to your students. The children seem to learn more and have more fun if they can get involved with the lesson instead of just having them read something about it.

0 comments: