Sunday, October 28, 2007

Using Google in Everyday Life

Ok, here is my story...my mother and I have 2 desktop computers and they are both in different parts of our house, not to mention we have individual laptops. Now even though I have all the computers on a network that lets them share files and a printer, I would still get the usual statement from my mom of "Hey, Kim, can you go find this file for me cause its not on this computer or how do I do this with this computer?!" So I would have to stop whatever I was doing, and either go transfer the file or pull up a program or just tell her she had to switch computers. But now that I have her on iGoogle, she saves all her files to them and no matter what computer she is on she can have the stuff she needs, plus I have added her a bookmark gadget to where she can have her websites also, so I dont hear, "Hey, what was that address again?" LOL I have also put all of my son's activities. days off from school and stuff on a google calendar and shared it with her, so she will know when he gets out early or when his next Taekwondo lesson is which helps us out immensely cause she sometimes has to pick him up or take him somewhere.

0 comments: